interlock patio

so I promised someone that I will update my blog with my story on our interlock. =P

Brian and I talked about getting interlock done at our backyard for a longtime, we have many discussion on how big of a space we should interlock, whether we should do it ourselves or hire someone to do it. At first Brian wanted to pave the entire backyard (so he doesn't have to cut grass) but I thought that was just way to much since our backyard is not really tiny and it would just took ridiculous if we paved it all, so I started drawing different designs on how I wanted the backyard to look, we landed on a designed that we both liked. So the search of a good contractor began. We called Brad who did my parent's place and a few others and we ended up choosing Brad because he gave the most competitive price and also because we had dealt with him before and know that their work is pretty good.

It turns out that it wasn't as great of an experience as we expect since our date got pushed several times and our plan had to be renogotiated because he couldn't do our backyard at the price he quoted in the contract AND he had to subcontract our job out to his friend's company because he doesnt have the manpower to work on our job.

This was my plan


Before (35 ft by 28ft)


laid the gravels (you can see how the design looks from here)

Started placing interlocking stone


Pattern of our interlock (Atlas europa pavers)

0 comments:

Post a Comment