Mistress

Had a somewhat heated debate with a guy friend the other night around Mistress. So the story started off with "How would you react if you found out Brian has a mistress?" my response "Same feeling if your (soon-to-be) wife cheated on you with another man".

So he goes on to explain why he asked because he found out that his cousin in HK has a mistress in China and they had a daughter together. I felt bad for the wife but he said the wife is "OKAY" with it. I was shock because I don't believe any wife would accept a Mistress but apparently she did. I highly doubt she willingly accepted, so I asked if the wife works? Answer was No. So I told my friend, she didn't blow up and got a divorce because she had lost her ability to take care of herself financially so she was afraid to leave. My friends thoughts on this was because women are soft and would always give the husband a second chance and because a lot of men does it in the olden days. So I questioned him why would the emotion be any different from men vs. women because he clearly said its NOT acceptable if a wife cheated on her husband but because traditionally men had always have multiple wifes, it makes it more acceptable.

I nearly flipped out on him LOL... I had a thought after this conversation around the risk of becoming a stay at home wife. Will you loose touch with society and loose your ability to take care of yourself financially leaving you more vulnerable?

1 comments:

His Perspective said...

I agree with you and don't agree with your friend :)

Post a Comment