Relaxing Saturday...

Brian and I took a break from furniture hunting and wedding planning on Saturday... well.. we tried anyways! That morning, we went to TD to meet up with Amanda to finalize our mortgage, we got our 3.39% mortgage rate YAY!!! Our first mortgage payment will be on Oct 23rd biweekly :S After signing our life away and joined the in debt for life group, we decided to really take a break and do something fun!

We went to CNE and wasted some money on their games, Brian and I had this idea of setting up all the games from CNE in our basement to practice for next year. We really wanted to win that ATV for his nephew lol... We spent the majority of our time in the exhibition its self.. We saw a couple paintings and wall decor that we really like but we didn't buy them because they are not our priority (and in case my colour scheme changes last minute). We did end up buying some rubber broom and some 1000 threadcount Egyptian bed sheets and duvet covers =) they were $ 30 (1 flat, 1 fitted, 1 pillow case) and $22 (duvet covers) not bad price i thought =) Brian and I also tried some massage chairs =D can't wait to have one in my own house =D

After CNE, I treated Brian to Lees(mainly cuz I have been craving for their Singaporean Slaw 4ever!) They have a susurlicious going on right now $35 for 3 course menu, really good deal!! Brian and I ordered one tasting menu and 2 other dishes, as usual, we ordered too many food lol.
Our order includes:
  1. Jerk Chicken Crepe
  2. Spicy Skirt Steak
  3. Braised Beef
  4. Singaporean Slaw
  5. Strawberry Puree with Riesling topped with Vanilla Ice Cream
My Review:
$45-50 per person (w/out alcohol)
Food: 4 out of 5 Stars
Price: 3 our of 5 Stars

I am glad Brian and I took advantage of the susurlicious, it gave us a chance to try more things for the value =) My favourite is still the Singaporean Slaw, althought i thought it would be better we its shared amongst 3 or 4 ppl rather than two because towards the end, it wasn't as savouring as the first couple bites... I also find that you really need to mix it really well cuz the last bit of the plate has too much sauce. Beef was as good as I remembered from last time, it really does remind me of chinese style braised beef except its way more tender here. it melts in your mouth! I think they uses beef shank here. the Jerk Chicken Crepe was also very good. They made the sauce with Mango chutney topped to a few slices of avacado which neutralized the spiciness of the jerk seasoning and the mango chutney. I didn't quite enjoy the strawberry puree, I thought it was a little too sour for Brian and my taste. Overall, it was a very great meal and service was excellent! I would highly recommend this place.


Jerk Chicken Crepe


Braised Beef


Strawberry Puree with Riesling


Happy Campers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment